Vulcan Technologies Pty Ltd
The degree to which a process is understood is captured in the elegance of a process model. You only understand it if you can model it.
Economic modelling thereafter rounds out the model and allows for good decision-making. CAPEX, OPEX, NPV and Value in Use (VIU) models attached to the operating models are frequently requested and delivered.
You have a process, actual or conceptual? We can probably model it and enhance your understanding and thus decision making power.
We use primarily Aggflow DM and HSC Chemistry as development tools which deals with comminution, hydrometallurgy and pyrometallurgy. So from crushing and screening, gravity and magnetic separation, chemistry and high temperature processes all are covered.
Recent projects include
- Modelling of an existing crushing and screening circuit, verifying plant performance versus modelled performance and recommending improvements,
- Iron ore comminution and gravity processing
- Copper ore crushing, screening, grinding, flotation and hydrometallurgy,
- Ferromanganese production from a lower grade manganese ore using blast furnace technology,
- marine phosphate recovery and beneficiation,
- a titanomagnetite gravity and magnetic circuit,
- steel making modelling for BOF and EAF routes, and
- non-thermal drying and dry beneficiation of iron ore.
- CFD modelling of dilute phase solid transport.
- Comparison of different drying and dewatering technologies - permission received to publish.